I miss my bird friend.
- Walnuts and carrots make me sad (her favorite foods)
- When I see a cardboard tube or a sturdy cardboard box, I want to give them to her to chew into shreds
- When I have cut veggie leftovers, an apple core, or a heel of bread, I want to put them in her dishes and hear that excited call
- I want to fill her water dish with fresh water and watch her cram her entire body in and bathe, one more time
- I want to hear her say “Baby Bird” and “Oooohhhh” one more time
- I want to feel her pokey feet and her soft feathers, and kiss her warm soft head, one more time
- I want to hear her laughter, once more time
- I even want her to fly around and chew on the kitchen cupboards, just once more
Poor thing. She went so quickly and took a piece of me with her.