Read more about my Light Box month.
from Light Boxes, by Shane Jones
List Written by February and Carried in
February’s Corduroy Coast Pocket
- I am not a bad person. I have enjoyed June, July and August like everyone else.
- I fed you dandelions and picked the stems from your teeth with my tongue.
- You smell of honey and smoke. That’s what I call you. Girl who smells of honey and smoke. But you’re more than that. You’re a field of dandelions.
- I have this nightmare where I’m standing in the field of dandelions holding a scythe. The horizon is children marching. Each child holds one of your teeth.
- I’m so confused it almost feels calm.
- I am guilty of kidnapping children. I am guilty of Bianca and causing great pain to Thaddeus and Selah and the town.
- I want to be a good person, but I’m not.